There was a bit confusion at the last meeting on 9/11/12. Applications are indeed due on Friday, September 21st, 2012.
That's NEXT WEEK! It's going to get here in a hurry so please make sure to turn in your application AND your dues to a Key Club officer or committee member ASAP if you wish to be a part of the club. Spread the word of the due date so that people will not have to be excluded because they missed the day.
Sorry for the misinformation!
For those of you who missed today's meeting, here's a quick review over what was discussed at the meeting.
We will be rescheduling it for Friday, Jan 28th lunch. For officer applications, please contact Julia Wong. They will be available at Friday's meeting also.
For those of you who missed DCM yesterday, these were the key components of the meeting.
Thank you for all those who came. For the FIRST TIME GVHS had more more members show up than any other club. :D and if you didn't come. PLEASE COME TO THE NEXT ONE. we'd love to see all your beautiful faces (:
Next Meeting will be held on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8TH
Key Club Hours are DUE next meeting.
For more volunteer opportunities such as decorating the Rose Parade Float, please contact Julia Wong.
The price for fall rally attendees who own season passes has gone up to $5!
In short, we must collect 2 more dollars from you by this Friday, October 22nd.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
-We are required to start our first September fundraiser by the first week of september.
-October 18th: Early Bird Dues
-Potential fundraiser: Bracelet sales
-AIDS WALK: 10/17 LA 8am group is already set up.
-RTC: 9/25 MANDATORY FOR ALL OFFICERS. 10 am will include DCM
-New monthly club awards: Most fundraised. spirit, service hours, outstanding
-suggested that club give out rewards to increase membership participation eg. member of the month
-Fall Rally T-shirt Designs: due august 31st, mandatory one shirt design from each club
-Food Pantry asking for help b/c run out of donations and potential to close down.
Many thanks those who came to participate in DCM! :D
1. WELCOME! and intro of officers.
2. Membership: Application form will be revised and available. $11 Membership Fee due October 6th! 10 Volunteer Key Club Event Hours REQUIRED.
3. GVHS Key Club T-Shirts: BEING MADE! $15
4. DCM (District Committee Meeting): Held at Todd Longshore Park, 10:00-11:30 AM. PLEASE TRY TO ATTEND. This will not only give you volunteer hours, but will also help raise awareness for GVHS Key Club.
5. Fall Rally: NOVEMBER 20TH 2010. SAVE THIS DATE! held at 6 Flags, 1 spirit session, and the rest is all FUN. Cost: $51 includes shirt, membership fee, and fall rally spirit pack.
6. Homecoming Float! Theme: Las Vegas. Please submit ideas!
Next Meeting: September 8th!
Back-To-School: August 12
First Key Club Meeting: August 25
1. Who: AnyoneWhen: August 1st-August 31stPayment deadline: All orders MUST be paid for by the 31stHow to order:
2. American Cancer Society: "Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk"
Who: Division 16 Key Clubbers and our K-Family
Where: Woodley Park, Van NuysPlease click HERE for the website then click home>start or join a team>search for Division 16 White Tigers>Join
3. August DCM
Where: Todd Longshore Park
4. American Red Cross Blood Drive
Where: North Hollywood Masonic Temple (5122 Tujunga Blvd. North Hollywood 91601)
To schedule your appointment, please contact North Hollywood Secretary, Susan Flores, at vasquez_betancourt@ yahoo.com. Let's help her achieve her goal of getting 100 donors! Invite your family and friends!
5. Division 16 T-shirt
It's that time of the year again! Please send your t-shirt designs to me by ! Remember to include our division, mascot, year, Key Club, and all 15 schools in our division.